Health and Safety
At Telnik Roofing Ltd. we take the safety of our customers, our employees and the general public very seriously. We endeavour to provide all advice and equipment needed in order to achieve a safe environment for our roofing projects and prevent accidents. There are many current regulations that relate to our chosen profession and we make sure as a company to keep ourselves safe within these rules and regulations at all times.
Just a few of the Health and Safety regulations by which we abide are:
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 (commonly referred to as CDM)
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Telnik Roofing Ltd. has its own in-house Health and Safety Officer who is fully trained up to the required standard of all current Health and Safety regulations and is able to make inspections of our work sites as and when needed to ensure the safety of all concerned.
Our Health and Safety Officer has written up the following information packs for you to download:
- Telnik Commercial Client Information Pack September 2017 (PDF, 827KB)
- Telnik Commercial Client Operations and Maintenance Manual (PDF, 798KB)
- Telnik Domestic Client Information Pack September 2017 (PDF, 765KB)
We ensure the safety not only of our operatives but also of our client’s staff and customers.
- Health and safety of our clients, staff and customers is of utmost importance
- Adept in the latest HSE guidelines and regulations
- Upheld to the highest standards
Our Health and Safety Policy
- Applied to every area of our roofing services
- An excellent safety record
- Every contractor undertakes training on a regular basis
- Operatives exercise stringent regulations when working at heights
Applying our health and safety policy to every area of our roofing services, we have been able to retain an excellent safety record with no serious incidents taking place for over a decade. Whether you are opting for a roof repair or replacement, rooflights or vents maintaining, we can assist with a number of techniques that have safe practice at the forefront.
Every contractor at Telnik Roofing Ltd. undertakes training on a regular basis to ensure they have the correct and up-to-date certification to safely operate hand tools and other equipment. In addition to this, our operatives exercise stringent regulations when working at heights to ensure the safe completion of your roofing project.
Highlighting and Resolving Risks
- A “hands on” approach
- Method statements ensure our techniques are fully disclosed to each member of our team
- Detailed risk assessments
- Every aspect of safety explored to recognise and highlight responsibilities for all individuals
We take a very hands on approach when maintaining health and safety on our projects and use method statements to ensure our techniques are fully disclosed to each member of our team. Utilising detailed risk assessments, we explore every aspect of safety to recognise and highlight responsibilities for all individuals involved.
The health, safety and welfare of a site, our workforce and the general public has always been our primary concern. We are registered and accredited by all the relevant bodies and our operatives take training and site management very seriously. Before any job, qualified site managers complete a thorough risk assessment and make full method and risk statements to eliminate potential hazards and reduce risk.
Fully qualified and regular training
Our operatives have completed comprehensive training from the following certified bodies;
- NVQ qualified – National Vocational Qualification
- Site Safety Plus – Site supervisor safety training scheme for construction and civil engineering industries.
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB)
- Regular Toolbox talks carried out
We also abide strictly by the Construction Design and Management regulations (CDM) and are members of the National Federation of Roofing Contractors as well as being accredited by Constructionline and safe contractor. For a health and safety conscious, experienced, professional roofing company, call Telnik Roofing Ltd. today on 01296 631230.